Connect with an emergency department doctor through secure video chat by requesting a virtual appointment below. Our online urgent care service is available for adults with an urgent medical issue that is not life threatening. Same day appointments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, Mondays to Thursdays from 2 – 6 p.m. All visit costs are covered with an Ontario health card.
Find out if this service is right for you
If you have a family doctor, they should be your first point of access for care. A virtual urgent care appointment may be the right option for you if:
- You are having an urgent medical issue that is not life threatening
- You are unable to obtain timely access to your family doctor or you do not have a family doctor.
- You are 18 years of age and older. (If it is for a child/youth under 18 please see our child and youth page)
- If there are no virtual appointments available, and your family doctor is not available or you do not have a family doctor, you may want to consider going to an emergency department or urgent care centre in person.
If you are in severe distress call 911. If you are having a medical emergency or your symptoms worsen while you are waiting for a virtual appointment, visit an emergency department or urgent care centre in person.
Book an appointment
Virtual appointments are available Mondays to Thursdays from 2 – 6 p.m. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Administrative staff respond to booking requests from 12 noon to 8 p.m. daily. Expect to wait an average of one hour for confirmation from the time you submit. Outside of these times, we will not respond to request forms. If you have trouble accessing your appointment online please call 844-227-3844 for assistance.
Once you have submitted your appointment request form, you will receive an email confirmation
In order to access this service, you will need:
- Ontario health card
- Computer, smartphone, or tablet with video and microphone capabilities
- Zoom mobile application if using a smartphone or tablet (see tip sheet on using Zoom)
- Internet access
- E-mail (to access appointment link and reminders)
- Quiet, secure space to engage in the virtual visit
If you have any questions about your appointment time please call 844-227-3844.
The information you provide will be used to respond to your request and to book your appointment.