Connect with a children’s emergency department doctor at Children’s Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre through secure video chat by calling the toll-free number below during clinic hours or requesting a virtual appointment during off hours. Our virtual children’s urgent care service is available for parents/families with a child with an urgent medical issue that’s NOT life threatening. Same-day appointments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, Monday to Friday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. All appointment costs are covered with an Ontario health card.
Find out if this service is right for you
If you have a family doctor, they should be your first contact for care. An virtual children’s urgent care appointment may be the right for you if:
- The child/youth has an urgent medical issue that is NOT life threatening
- You are unable to get timely access to your family doctor or you do not have a family doctor
- The child/youth is under age 18 and has an Ontario health card (if care is for an adult aged 18 and over, see the adult care page to book
A child’s condition can change suddenly. If your child is in severe distress call 911. If the child is having a medical emergency or their symptoms worsen while you’re waiting for a virtual appointment, go to an emergency department or urgent care centre in person.
What you’ll need
Virtual appointments are available Monday to Friday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To access this service, you’ll need:
- Ontario health card (for the patient)
- Computer, smartphone or tablet with video and microphone capabilities
- Webex mobile app installed on your smartphone or tablet, install Webex app instructions
- Internet access
- Email address (to access appointment link and reminders)
- Quiet, secure space to engage in the virtual appointment
Request an appointment
Between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday: Call 1-844-CARE-844 (1-844-227-3844) toll-free.
Use this link to schedule an appointment: