Hamilton Virtual Urgent Care
Urgent Care Ontario adult services at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton are temporarily paused.
Niagara Health provides virtual urgent care to any adult within Southwestern Ontario.
Click here to book an appointment.
Connect with a healthcare professional through secure video chat by requesting a virtual appointment below.
If you think you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 right away or come to the nearest Emergency Department. If your symptoms worsen while you are waiting for a virtual visit, go to the nearest Urgent Care Centre or Emergency Department.
Find out if this service is right for you
If you have a family physician, they should be your first point of access for care. An online urgent care appointment may be the right for you if:
- you are having an urgent medical issue that is not life threatening
- you are unable to obtain timely access to your family physician or you do not have a family physician
- you are 18 and over and have an Ontario health card (If you are under 18 please visit the paediatric page to schedule).
- you do not live in a long-term care setting (nursing home). If you are a resident in LTC, please visit the Long-Term Care page.
- Please note that prescriptions for narcotics cannot be filled or renewed during an online urgent care appointment.
Book an appointment
Virtual appointments are available Monday to Wednesday and Friday (not including statutory holidays) from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Patients will select a specific date and time for their appointment. Appointments can be scheduled up to three (3) days in advance. Patients can only schedule one (1) Virtual Urgent Care video visit per day.
If you have trouble scheduling your appointment online, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Once you have scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation.
In order to access this service, you will need:
- Computer, smartphone, or tablet with video and microphone capabilities
- Zoom mobile application if using a smartphone or tablet
Please have Zoom available or download Zoom approximately 15 minutes in advance of a booked appointment, to the device being used during the consult
Zoom Technical Support
- Stable Internet access
Internet Speed Test
- To present your Ontario health card (or other valid government photo ID) to confirm your identity
- Preferred pharmacy readily available (name, address, phone number)
- Current medication list readily available
- A quiet, secure space to engage in the virtual visit
Hamilton virtual urgent care visits are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) and you will be asked to provide your Ontario health card number when making your appointment. If you do not have an Ontario health card or other health insurance provider, you can still make an appointment and alternate billing arrangements will be made.
Patients with a St. Joseph’s Health Care MyDovetale account
If you have a St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s MyDovetale account, there will be an option to login into your MyDovetale account when booking an appointment.