Hamilton virtual urgent care
Connect with an Emergency Department healthcare professional through secure video chat by requesting a virtual appointment below. Our online urgent care service is available for adults with an urgent medical issue that is not life threatening.
Same day appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis,
Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. All visit costs are covered with an Ontario health card.
If you think you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 right away or come to the nearest Emergency Department. If your symptoms worsen while you are waiting for a virtual visit, go to the nearest Urgent Care Centre or Emergency Department.
Find out if this service is right for you
If you have a family physician, they should be your first point of access for care. An online urgent care appointment may be the right for you if:
- you are having an urgent medical issue that is not life threatening
- you are unable to obtain timely access to your family physician or you do not have a family physician
- you are 18 and over and have an Ontario health card (If you are under 18 please visit the paediatric page to book.
- you do not live in a long-term care setting (nursing home). If you are a resident in LTC, please visit the Long-Term Care page.
If you are in severe distress call 911. If you are having a medical emergency or your symptoms worsen while you are waiting for a virtual appointment, visit an Emergency Department or Urgent Care Centre in person.
Book an appointment
Virtual appointments are available Monday to Friday (including holidays) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Administrative staff respond to booking requests from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Expect to wait an average of one hour for confirmation from the time you submit. Outside of these times, we will not respond to request forms. If you have trouble accessing your appointment online please call 905.522.1155 for assistance.
Once you have submitted your appointment request form, you will receive an email confirmation
In order to access this service, you will need:
- To present your Ontario health card (or other valid government photo ID) during the Niagara virtual care visit to confirm your identity
- Computer, smartphone, or tablet with video and microphone capabilities
- Zoom mobile application if using a smartphone or tablet
Please have Zoom available or download Zoom approximately 15 minutes in advance of a booked appointment, to the device being used during the consult
Zoom Technical Support
- Stable Internet access
Internet Speed Test
- An email address or cell phone number
(to access appointment link and receive appointment reminders)
- A quiet, secure space to engage in the virtual visit
Hamilton virtual urgent care visits are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) and you will be asked to provide your Ontario health card number when making your appointment. If you do not have an Ontario health card or other health insurance provider, you can still make an appointment and alternate billing arrangements will be made.